A small Austrian engraved brass wall clock, Peter Lazarus Wien, circa 1750
The 9-cm wide arched dial is exquisitely foliate engraved with foliate scrolls. On it, there is an applied silvered and engraved chapter ring with Roman numerals. The pierced hands are made of blued steel. In the arch is a convex silvered and engraved plaque signed Peter Lazarus Wien.
The plated brass movement is driven by a weight and has a duration of over four days. It is being regulated by anchor escapement in combination with a silk suspended pendulum with brass bob.
The movement is houses in a brass case with doors to the sides. It is mounted on the wall by a suspension hoop in combination with iron spurs.
Peter Lazarus lived from 1729 until 1810. He was apprenticed to Jacob Konrad and became an independent master clockmaker in 1760. He became head of the guild in 1771. Lit. Jürgen Abeler, Meister der Uhrmacherkunst, pp.339.