An English brass skeleton timepiece, Cawdle Torquay mid 19th Century
11-cm silvered shaped pierced chapter ring with Roman numerals and pierced blued hands, signature plaque below inscribed Wm Cawdle Torquay, 8-day spring driven fusee and chain movement with Graham escapement, nicely decorated pendulum with blued rosette, brass skeletonized frame shaped as a Gothic church on a stepped plinth on an oval rosewood plinth.
William Torquay is recorded working in Torquay (Devon) from circa 1850 until 1873. Brian Loomes, Watchmakers and Clock makers of the World, 21stC edition, pp. 141.