A miniature Austrian Neo Gothic gilt brass mounted ebony ‘brettl’ wall timepiece, circa 1840
5-cm mother-of-pearl dial with a gilt chapter ring having Roman numerals. The trefoil hands are made of blued steel.
The movement is driven by a small spring barrel that is wound by pulling the pseudo weights. It is regulated by anchor escapement in combination with a silk suspended pendulum with Zeus bob.
The ebonised Neo Gothic style case is surmounted by an architectural pediment with cross flowers and finials. The movement is supported by concave brackets with fine gilt mounts with dog masks. The long tail with arched panel terminates in a neo gothic gilt brass mount.